Website Reliable Onsite Services, a division of United Rentals
Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Fence Installation Driver at Reliable Onsite Services, a division of United Rentals, you will deliver, install, remove, and repair temporary fencing equipment in a safe, timely, and courteous manner. You will deliver install, remove, and/or repair of temporary fencing equipment while providing exceptional customer service and maintaining an open line of communication with dispatch.
- Will consider new graduates
- 4 weeks paid training program for all positions
- Attractive hourly rate with additional seasonal and quarterly incentives
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity for advancement
- Home every night
Your strong work ethic, reliability and positive attitude will make you an asset to our branch and entire organization. If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world’s largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You’ll be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement opportunities.
Additional duties include the following:
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Some weekend work may be required as business conditions dictate
- Safely operate a fencing truck daily, ensure proper load securement
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles, ensure safe and correct operation
- Perform pre-use and post-use inspections on any fence installation tools to ensure their safe and correct operation
- Ensure truck is loaded with all necessary equipment/materials, restocking as necessary for future installations
- Meet with the customer to review assigned fencing projects prior to installation and follow-up as required throughout installation project
- Prepare customer job site for fence installation
- Set fence poles, install fence, and pull fence with appropriate tools and to customer specifications
- Coordinate the work of the Fence Installation Associate, routinely inspecting work progress
- Train Fence Installation Associate on safety protocols and proper fence installation techniques
- Repair temporary fencing units at job site as requested by customer
- Provide onsite moves, and pick-up/delivery of fencing as requested by customer
- May operate forklift for loading and unloading of fencing truck, moving fencing equipment/materials on company property, or at a customer job site
- Other duties as assigned, may assist as necessary with other Reliable OnSite Services rental equipment offerings
- Superior customer service
- Diligent attention to safety
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Basic knowledge of safe driving procedures
- One (1) year of truck driving experience required (CDL license is preferred, but not required), DOT medical card must be obtained prior to commencing employment
- Two (2) years fencing and/or construction industry experience is preferred. Training is provided on products, services, and driver qualifications and procedures.
- Ability to locate and understand utility markings, and follow requirements for underground utility safety (training provided)
- Ability to operate a forklift (training provided)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Ability to mount and dismount trucks multiple times daily
- Ability to frequently lift, move, push, pull, twist, and turn items up to 45 pounds, and in excess of 45 pounds with assistance, in the loading and unloading of equipment
- Ability to drive day or night
- Work effectively in all weather conditions and customer work environments
- Other requirements as determined by customer protocol and procedure
Candidates offered employment are subject to the successful completion of a comprehensive MVR and criminal background check and drug screening as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals’ policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What’s in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
Mutual respect for the dignity and fundamental rights of all persons defines our culture. United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unitedrentals.com.