Website Giant Eagle, Inc
Our Store Delivery Drivers ensure that our guests receive their orders accurately, promptly and with a smile. They provide unparalleled guest service and work with all store departments to fulfill orders with the best and freshest products.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in with deliveries or related industry; Some customer interaction may happen during restocking of shelves. The applicant should be outgoing and able to engage with the customer as well as be able to answer basic questions about the Great to Go product line; Prior experience working in with deliveries or related industry
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Certification or Licensing Required: Valid driver License with good driving record
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional – Daily, 25 – 50%; Regional – Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of your work for your Team Members, guests and products.
- Drive the delivery truck in a predetermined route made by the Logistics Manager to ensure on-time and efficient deliveries.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure the safety of customers and Team Members while exceeding health and OSHA requirements.
- Obey all traffic laws and maintain a clear driving record.
- Obey all laws regarding the transportation of food products.
- Maintain vehicle mileage, expense and delivery logs and submit to regional delivery coordinator for P&L reporting.
- Provide unparalleled guest service – constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.
- Review and record daily inventory levels of all Great to Go products on the shelf in the store and in backup cold storage areas. This ensures we stock the shelves with exactly what will be sold in 1.5 days, minimizing waste.
- Follow all Company delivery policies and procedures to ensure the safe delivery of products.
- Stock shelves in store in proper places according to the planogram and to par levels set by the Logistics Manager.
- Record and remove any items that have expired.
- Formulate relationships with customers by providing food safety information upon delivery of product.
- Organize daily deliveries inside the truck to minimize time spent at stores organizing and filling orders for the day.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is performed on delivery vehicles.
- Maintain open, two-way communication with Store Delivery Coordinators, Department Leaders, Store Leaders and Executive Store Leaders.
- Perform alternate duties requested by management during down periods when no deliveries are scheduled.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers’ tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gianteagle.com.