Website Perry’s Ice Cream Co., Inc.
Direct Store Delivery Driver (DSD) is a hourly position with a regular work schedule of Monday-Friday
About the Role:
As a core member of our DSD team, you will be expected to:
- Provide delivery, merchandising, and sales of products throughout your designated route.
- Build excellent relationships with store managers, key store personnel, and potential customers within account over the whole team.
- Further the presence of Perry’s Ice Cream by introducing new products and merchandising current inventory to maximize attractiveness to the customer.
What We’re Looking For:
- CDL [Class B] license required
- 1-2 years route delivery/sales experience preferred;
- Retail / frozen food sales, merchandising, and execution experience is a plus;
- Familiarity with the supermarket, convenience store, and drug store channels;
- Physical ability to consistently and repetitively lift & carry up to 75 pounds, bend, and twist while merchandising products, and ability to push & pull a store dolly loaded with up to approximately 100 – 500 pounds of product. Additionally, be able to work in a cold environment, such as a walk in freezer with a temperature of -10º to -20ºF;
- Accountability to exercise safe behavior;
- Flexibility to work irregular schedule;
- Good communication skills;
- Passion for customer service and a positive attitude to represent yourself and Perry’s in the highest quality; and
- High integrity and commitment to teamwork
- Providing delivery, merchandising, and sales of products in and around the Cleveland area.
- As a DSD Driver you will start your day between 4am & 5am to drive a freezer truck for up to 12 hours in a
day to deliver ice cream and other partner brand products to various types of accounts such as: convenience
stores; drug stores; supermarkets; and independent grocery stores. Generally no weekend work!
- Further the presence of Perry’s Ice Cream by introducing new products and merchandising current inventory to
maximize attractiveness to the customer.
- One cool thing you will do, okay… really cold thing you will do is work in store freezers and the back of the
freezer truck to stock shelves, organize back stock, and pull product, but fear not, we provide gloves and
uniforms shirts to support your safety.
- Build excellent relationships with store managers, key store personnel, and potential customers within
account over the whole team.
- Work with a team to ensure outstanding execution with at each account by proactively communicating with
both internal and external customers.
Perry’s Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free facility.
To apply for this job please visit www.perrysicecream.com.